This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

I pity the Fool!

I have this recipe called "Frozen Raspberry Fool" and whenever I make it I'm reminded of Mr. T.'s famous line from the A-Team, "I pity the foo'!". Which, in this case, the fool is me. No matter how many times I make this, I inherently get out the blender instead of the food processor. It doesn't work in the blender, folks. At least not in My blender. Even adding the cream early doesn't help (I've tried it). The last time I made it (last weekend) I had just realized that I was using the blender instead of the food processor when the phone rang. And, like a fool, I answered it and continued my Fool preparations.

I'm listening to my friend as she tells me about her trials and tribulations with George (lawn mower), the phone cradled between my head and shoulder. I'm not really paying attention to what I'm doing, just dumping blender contents into food processor and scraping out with spatula. The phone starts to slide off my shoulder and in my haste to stop the slide, I drop my spatula. Raspberries and cream splatter everywhere when the spatula hits the counter and bounces. I mutter under my breath and go to put the lid on the food processor and notice that I hadn't inserted the blade. So now I've got raspberries and cream that I have to move about so that I can insert the blade. *sigh* I start to maneuver the Fool around to insert the blade and the phone starts to slip once more. I give up and tell my friend "Sorry, I'm having issues. Good luck with the spark plug changing of George."

By the time I finish, I have raspberry fool all over the counter, in the black hole (space between stove and counter), the floor, my shirt, the phone and my glasses. At least I didn't sneeze and send confectioner's sugar everywhere. I didn't notice until this morning that I had managed to get raspberry fool on my ceiling. I'm blaming it all on that flippin spatula!

Here's the recipe. It's a creamy, smooth, sweet raspberry frozen dessert - except for the raspberry seeds. If you want it tarter use less sugar. I usually just eyeball the amounts myself. Don't forget the extract! But most of all use a food processor and don't answer the phone when making it!! ;)

Frozen Raspberry Fool

12 oz frozen, unsweetened raspberries
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In food processor, process frozen raspberries until finely shaved (scrape down the sides occasionally). With machine running, add sugar, cream and extract. Process 1 minute or until just blended. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.

Makes 4 servings
160 calories, 1 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 7 g saturated fats, 41 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 11 mg sodium.
Comments:
I love raspberries! This sounds soooooo yum.
 
First of all, she did NOT mutter under her breath ... she said some rather unique curse words in a pretty loud voice ...

And George the lawnmower still isnt fixed yet. d:(
 
So I muttered AND cursed...I'm a multifaceted vocalizer.. or something *grin*
 
Still not as good as the exploding pumpkin pie...
 
Exploding pumpkin pie? Curiouser and curiouser... ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?