This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Sat. Morn. Cartoons

The newest version of Batman as a cartoon series (that I know of anyway) is called The Batman and airs Saturday mornings. As most U2 fans are aware, The Edge wrote the opening theme song for The Batman. What I noticed this morning is that batman is referred to as The Batman in this series. "The Batman was seen fleeing with Catwoman" "The Batman is the accomplice" Think that's an honorary salute to The Edge for his excellent theme song? Either way, I found it amusing. I typically don't watch any Saturday morning cartoons as the ones I like don't come on until noon. Flippin ABC seems to think that they should alternate Kim Possible with W.I.T.C.H when they should really show Both cartoons Every Saturday. Preferably instead of Lizzie McGuire or Phil of the Future or Even Stevens or just about everything they have for their Sat. morning lineup.

And are they aware that instead of Power Rangers SPD (space patrol delta) it sounds like Power Rangers STD?! What kind of message are they trying to send to the kids who are watching this? When I first heard the song and title announced I was startled, to say the least. STD?? How the heck did they get approval for the Power Rangers to fight STDs as children's programing!?!. Although the way Power Rangers is designed (yes, I have seen entire episodes of several different Pwr Rgr units) it made it sound like the Power Rangers Were the STDs which is glorifying STDs and that's just messed up! No wonder kids are getting squirrellier and squirrellier.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?