This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Books Books Books

Moving is the *only* time I regret my love affair of books. I've got twelve boxes packed, all but four are full of books and that's only about half of the books in my living and dining rooms. I've got at least twice as many books in my bedroom. Then there are the books in boxes that I hadn't unpacked since my last move (2003). I just rummage through them until I get the book I want and put the book back in the box when I'm done reading it (or a different book in the box, I have no system).

See, during college I worked in a discount book store. It's simple math, folks. Book lover + cheap books = lots of bought books. I worked there for three years, so you can imagine the ..collection I accumulated. I'm amazed that I managed to bring a paycheck home at all. I think my restraint came from having to pay rent and utilities so that my roomies wouldn't kick me out of the apartment *grin*.

Anyway, back to packing...
Comments:
In retrospect, you should have gotten a job at the library. ;)
 
I dunno..that seems too logical to me ;)

Besides I'm a big patron of the library. If I worked there, I'd soon run out of books to read! Okay, so that's a slight exaggeration.. but it's not unusual for me to read a book a day..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?