This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Chocolate

I'm one of the unfortunate folks unlucky enough to be allergic to chocolate. Not that I don't eat it, I just have ..issues when I do. I know a lot of folks say that they crave chocolate. Unless you've got my variety of chocolate allergy, you really don't know what it is to CRAVE chocolate. The more I have the more I want it and the sicker I get. Until I get it out of my system.

I was at a gathering back in April that was all about chocolate. Had a chocolate bunny, chocolate chips (dark, white & milk), chocolate milk, peppermint patties, chocolate peanut butter cups (am allergic to peanuts too) and a plethora of other chocolatey goodness. So sick (stomache cramps, headache, wheezy, coughing, etc) within hmm 15 minutes but a couple hours later, I needed more chocolate to feel normal..sane. Why'd I eat any at all? Well the smell was all it took to have me twitchy. It was either eat chocolate then or go out and buy chocolate out the wazoo and extend my problems. This way it was more 'controlled'.

It's like a drug to me, after having it and then going without it, I have withdrawals. The shakes, cold sweats, mood swings, hallucinations... I've gone through Vicodin addiction (thank you back problems *sarcasm*) and withdrawal (tried cold turkey, I do NOT recommend it!) so I do have some frame of reference here.

Having said all that, I really, really, really, really want some chocolate right now! Dark chocolate is better and white chocolate is totally gross and utterly useless to me. Milk chocolate is okay but I'd really rather have dark chocolate, which is fortunate, as I don't react so strongly to it or maybe it's that I react the strongest to it? Dunno.. just know that a little goes a long way and my symptoms aren't as bad.

I thought writing about chocolate would get it out of my system. No such luck. I feel a midnight run to the store coming upon me...

Mmmmmm chocolate..................
Comments:
Why is dark chocolate harder to find than milk chocolate?? d:(

And why is dark chocolate worse for migraines than milk chocolate?? d:(

Why, why, why?? *whine*
 
I have yet to find the Darth Vader M&M's in the Triangle. Brother found them in Ohio (peanut and regular) and I found the regular ones in VA. However, I wanted the dark chocolate peanut ones.

I know, I know. I have issues since I wanted something that I was totally allergic too. But straight M&M's are just toooooo sweet for me.
 
BJs. They had both at BJs!! I bought some plain dark choc Emmies at BJs. They also had Tyler's new book (which I didnt buy *sigh*), Yankee Candle candles (which I didnt buy *sigh*) and lotsa other goodies (which I didnt buy *sigh*) but I did splurge and buy the dark chocolate M&M's. They had both the plain and the peanut. I just wanted the pure, unadulterated chocolate ... but if you want peanut, I can go buy you a bag. Sams prolly has them too, tho!!
 
The closest Sam's Club is about 15 miles away - which isn't too bad. Except for the freaking Traffic!!!! OH MY DOG!! People! Learn how to drive!!!

Ahem. I have a feeling that commentary on the "driving skills" of people here will make several appearances in future blog entries.. Yessiirreeee.
 
Hmm... the female dark choc emmies taste just like the milk choc, pretty much. Awfully sweet. Stick with the peanut (male).... havent tried them yet tho.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?