This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Movie Mania

So I saw Revenge of the Sith Memorial Day weekend. Loved the special effects, laughed at the dialogue. Seemed rather juvenile in places "Hold me like you did on Naboo" Oh please!!! *eye roll* Even though I knew who lived and who died (except for a certain Senator - thought she raised Leia and then died. What can I say? Haven't seen the original three movies in years), I found myself tense and rooting pretty fiercely in the fight scenes. And thoroughly disgusted with young Skywalker, despite knowing he would turn. Oh man, the incident at the Jedi Temple toward the end...yeah, no longer a fan of Skywalker. Seriously felt betrayed - even though I knew he was turning evil - and sickened.

I saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants with five friends last Thursday. Wow, better than I anticipated. Definitely a tear jerker and a great film to see with your female or more effeminate male friends. Scenery in Greece is Amazing!! Just goregous! We all left wanting to go there *grin* and with future plans for the DVD release. Think the midnight margaritas scene from Practical Magic :)

I also have loose plans to see Monster In Law this week. I'm not in any sense of the word a 'fan' of Ms. Fonda or Ms. Lopez. However, being an Alias addict, I am a fan of Michael Vartan. His presence in the movie is the entire reason I'm willing to see it. I saw Daredevil to support Jennifer Garner. It left no lasting impression with me so take that as you will...

Speaking of M.V. and Alias, did yall see the season finale?!! ACK!!!! Crap!!! Just mean of them! MEAN! Granted, I love cliffhangers :) So it's a good mean.

Monster in Law is a hoot!! Sure it's predictable but it's not like you go in there wondering what's going to happen. Besides, Wanda Sykes is fantastic! And, on a purely oggling level, Michael Vartan is jogging on the beach shirtless.
Comments:
Don't mean to nit pick...but it's Leia, not Leah
 
Thanks, fixed it :)
 
I haven't seen "sisterhood" yet, but I totally agree with you about Revenge of the Sith and no longer being a fan of Anakin. He totally went off the deep end. :O
 
Damn, I lost my first post. First time in a long time when I've just typed into the window instead of typing in a word processing program and pasting. That'll learn me.

Anyway, I agree about RotS. The Alias cliffhanger was great, but the rest of the plot was weird. That's what Rimbauldi was working towards all those years? Zombies? Still, Syd's mom was back, and she rocks!

My favorite new show this year is Veronica Mars. So! Awesome! The witty banter, the drama, the romance! I love it as much as Buffy. They're showing reruns this summer, so if you want to watch it:
Pilot: This Tuesday, 9pm, UPN
The rest of the eps: On Weds, starting this Weds, 9pm, UPN.

I'm also thinking of watching 30 Days, a series by the guy who did the movie Supersize Me. It's on Weds at 10, I forget which channel.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?