This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Moving?

So I have a tentative job up near DC. Sorta kinda. Had a message on my machine Monday afternoon, returned the call Tuesday morning...

"Hi this is JG with XX Company and was wondering if you were still interested in the Analyst job that you interviewed for at the end of April"
"Yes, I'm still interested."
"Great! When can you start?"
"Umm well I live in NC and would have to move to VA so it depends on when I could find a place to move to."
"Okay, let me talk to the project manager and we'll work up some possible start dates and I'll get back to you later today."

I wait around all day and he doesn't call. I call him this (Weds) morning and leave a voicemail. "This is me and I was wondering if you had come up with any start dates as yet. Please call my cell as I will be in and out all day. Thank you."

He calls me back
"This is JG, how's the new place search going?"
"Well it seems like everything costs twice as much for the same amount of space."
Garbled sound "I talked with the PM and we decided that when you find a place to live and know when you'll be moving here, let us know and we'll send an offer letter with that as the start date. If we have to wait until July, that's fine, but we'd really like you to start as soon as possible."
"Ooookay thanks."

I get to my friend's place (Hellooooo cable modem!!!) and send off an email (after consulting with some folks on proper phrasing, terminology, etc) to JG saying that
I would like a written offer letter stating the salary and include information on vacation, medical benefits, retirement programs, relocation program and any incentive compensation programs. My start date is contingent on the details of this offer and how quickly I could be relocated.

So we shall see...I may or may not have a job in the DC metro area. I'll keep yall posted.
Comments:
Any new info on that? Or was it one of those "If you move to the area, then MAYBE we'll give you a job." Ugh, I hate how employers make you feel like you have to beg for the job.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?