This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Ninjas, Mobsters and Geography

I posted two weeks ago or so about having odd dreams influenced by a combination of the book The Eyes of The Dragon by Stephen King and insomnia (not the book by SK tho it is one of my favorites by him). I had another dream the day after my initial castle cavorting dream except the modern day people were replaced by ninjas and your stereotypical mob 'family'. There was no snow or hurricanes. This time it was a dust storm because the castle was in Arizona, Ireland. Yes, that's right, Arizona was in Ireland. The Grand Canyon state with goregous red and orange bleeding rocks, beautiful wildflowers, mountain scapes and spectacular blue skies was in Ireland. So there were sheep and vibrant green fields that ended in cliffs at the edge of the sea and the Grand Canyon off in the distance. And lots of fog in the rampant dust storm.

Now the ninjas and mobsters (I'll call them The Crew) weren't fighting, they were working in tandem, hunting up dragons. The Crew wasn't going to kill the dragons, they were going to save them from extinction because dragons are cool. Actually The Crew were trying to fight the book characters because the characters wanted to kill the dragons. Problem being that The Crew couldn't fight the book folks because they're in different worlds and the book folks can't even see us (not that I was fighting, I was too busy lurking about to fight). Lots of fierce ninja moves and mob posturing with no tangible results but much laughter and mayhem. Also lots of coughing and wheezing from the copious amounts of damp dust flying about. Yes, damp dust.

The leprechaun is gone, having dashed out the gate and over the moat, once he realized the castle was in Ireland. He tossed his flute in the Grand Canyon as he road a rainbow over it. Soundtrack is "It's a small world after all" and yes, little pedal powered boats are cruising around on the moat. Munchkins are doing the pedaling and they're sort of hunkered down and looking around for flying monkeys.

I lay the ...inspiration for this particular dream theme on the folks at DYE. You know who you are. And my sister in law. The Wizard of Oz references are entirely because of her. It's just really weird for me to wake up with a "What in the world?!!" reaction to a dream because I'm used to having odd dreams. Being chased by technicolor swirly snakes on a playground while Monoply houses and hotels are being built and torn down around me, snow bleeding through the cement walls of my dorm room to be mopped up with a white tshirt that totally freaked me out because it turned grey when it got wet with snow.. Just two examples of my normal dreams.

Now if only I could channel my imagination into something more tangible, like a story, instead of giving it free rein to interpret my subconscious. That'd be something. :)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?