This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summertime!!

It's nearly 2 am on June 21st in the USA.. So while it's still technically early (solstice is at 2.46 AM Eastern time) let me wish yall a Happy Summer Solstice!! Today is also known by the names Midsummer, Litha and other variations that escape me at the moment. It's the longest day of the year so make sure you get out and enjoy it!

The days will start getting shorter and the nights longer until Yule on December 21, when the days start getting longer again. I know it seems squirrelly to think about winter in June, but for folks like me who adore the cold weather, it's a good way to cope with the heat and humidity! :)

Unless, of course, you're in the Southern Hemisphere then Happy Winter Solstice to you!
Comments:
I adore the cold weather, too. Happy Summer!
 
I like the cold weather, but I hate that it gets dark so early in winter. Summer solstice makes me a little sad because it's the first step back towards sunsets at 4:45pm. But I will go out and enjoy the sun today. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?