This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

VA Scouting Trip Summary

Drivers in Northern VA, southern MD and DC are Maniacs!!!! No offense to anyone but holy flippin heck yall!!! And the rent prices are through the roof!! What sane person willing pays $1,150 a month for a stuio apartment with 430 square feet?!!! Utilities NOT included and not even close to a metro stop! I mean really! Maybe I'm just too frugal but that seems like robbery to me! When I moved to NC I thought the prices here were outrageous (compared to KS and OH) so I guess I just need to readjust my definition of "reasonable" again *sigh*

I should hear about the apartment I applied for by Weds and theoretically can move in this coming Saturday. I hope to start work on June 27 so that I can get paid for the July 4th holiday AND have my health benefits kick in on July 1st. See how tricky I am? ;) Granted this all depends on 1) apartment folks not screwing me over and 2) my new boss okaying me to start on June 27.

Anybody want to help me pack?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?