This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Color Me Beige

Apparently I'm blind. I managed to get beige latex paint on my hand and arm last night whilst entering my apartment building. Maintenance had painted the door to the building (thankfully Not the door to my apartment cause then my clothes would have paint all over them from banging it open with my hip and shoulder) sometime yesterday. It took lots of scrubbing to get rid of the paint - which is why I'm assuming oil based instead of water based paint.

This morning as I'm leaving my building I notice the "Wet Paint" signs - right smack dab middle of the door - and just shake my head at myself for yesterday's ..experience. I get to my car to get some soda out of the trunk (had my hands full the other day and couldn't carry the case inside, so now I just raid the trunk of a morning) and notice that I have paint on my hand. Silly me assumed the paint was dry but apparently it was too damn humid for it dry completely over night. Although the paint is on Top of my hand and I KNOW I didn't open the door with the back of my hand and this paint most definitely wasn't there Last night. Perhaps it dripped from the top of the doorway as I walked through? ACK! Is there paint in my hair?? Oh geez!!

Okay, crisis averted, no paint in my hair or on my clothes *whew*. That's one way to get your morning adrenaline boost. Man. Granted I wouldn't recommend it. So I guess I need to go scrub the crap out of my poor wittle hand again. Anybody have any turpentine I can borrow?
Comments:
Getting the drinks out of the trunk, eh? Procrastination is the root of all evil...wait, no...um, leaving the sodas un-put-away leads to the dark side....
no...

Paint can be beige.

There! That's my profound statement for today. It is objectively true, highly applicable to the situation at hand, and full of potential debate. I am rather proud of myself.
 
Indecision is the plauge of the world? ;)

Couldn't help meself *grin*
 
It could've been worse...

You could've tripped and fell into the door with your head - hair is now painted, turn around go into the bathroom to shower it off but fall into the tub bruising your shin, and this time make out of the apartment to your car and found out your POP (not soda) exploded in your trunk flooding it...

Shall I continue...ok...sure...

In all of your activities trying to make the shuttle, you get on the wrong one, you have to walk back to get on the correct bus, you finally get to the metro and have no problems. But then you get to work and you get a grouchy security guy, who harasses you because you don't have a valid VA license, then the elevators are broke which means you have to defeat those pesky stairs that grabbed and tripped you before. Then you finally get to your office and the Internet is down....
 
And thru it all, you COULD have an obnoxious brother!
 
First off, I want to point out, that it's not my fault I ramble on. As yall can see from Toph's comment, rambling runs in the family *grin*

-------
I'm sorry, pop is a person or a sound not a beverage. I mean even your wife says soda after I've been to visit! ;)

And while I can (and have) gotten on the wrong shuttle leaving the metro, there is only one (thankfully!) I can get onto in the mornings.

I've fretted about the possibility of having Diet Mt. Dew all over the inside of my trunk ever since Sunday - when I first put the SODA there - but that's all I've done about it.. At least now it'd be a flood with four or five fewer cans.

As for the internet being down at work SHUSH!!!!! Granted I've not even had it a week.. spent the first 1.5 weeks here without it, so I could survive.. I've got a book and numerous crossword puzzles to keep me somewhat entertained.

And your whole scenario about tripping, paint hair, bruise in shower, could so easily happen. I mean I've tripped on the escalators to the metro and I've fallen in (and out) of the shower before...

Let's hope JT doesn't have my "Grace" when he grows up.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?