This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, July 15, 2005

Plates

I finally managed to get my brand spanking new VA license plates (and title and registration) yesterday. I went to put the front plate on and had a small issue, well two small issues. There are no holes for the front plate. NC doesn't require a front plate. But I *knew* that there should be holes there because I had Ohio plates on it before and Ohio requires front and back plates. I looked and looked, thinking maybe the holes were filled in with bug corpses, but nope. Nothing. Couldn't even feel the standard (or so I thought) dimples for guidance in license plate hole creating.

I checked the car's manual thinking maybe they would show where the dimples/holes should be (in case I was looking too high or too low), looked at other similar cars in the parking lot and called my dad on the phone (I have one of those awesome dads that you can call about anything at anytime and he'll do his best to help you out. Now he might laugh with you over the situation - see pumpkin pie entry - but he'll do his best to help, no matter what). Then the light bulb went on. I had wrecked my car a couple three years back and the front bumper was replaced. Which is why it's hole free.

My dad did an internet search to find a dealership nearby so that I could go flutter my eyelashes at them and get them to drill the holes for free. I drove by where the dealership was reported to be and nope, not there. Unless in VA you can sell cars from a grocery store and/or a McDonald's....

So I'm going to be the ultra cool, hip chick, driving around with shiny new VA plates attached with wire in the front until my dad can come down here and drill the holes for me. Woo Wee. Am I stylin or what? ;)
Comments:
Heheheh... and you did a pretty durned good job at wiring them on there, too! The blue wire isnt a bad shade ... you're definitely stylin'!
 
Must take photo and then haul laptop to Panera so's I can post a pic of my handy work..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?