This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Sssslllluuuurrrrrppppppppp!

One of my cubemates SLURPS her coffee, tea, soda, water, whatever she happens to be drinking. Cold, hot, lukewarm, doesn't matter. EVERY sip is sllurrrpppped up. It's driving me freaking crazy! I need to locate my headphones, still packed in a box.. somewhere in my apartment... so that I can retain my sanity.

Seriously one of my strongest pet peeves. People slurping drinks, soup, whatever. Such a horrid sound! And it's not like she's some slacker (okay, work wise she is but then most everyone Here is a worker slacker) nitwit who doesn't know proper etiquette. She dresses better than anyone else here, myself included, presents herself well, just typically gives the impression of a well rounded, classy (okay so classy is a bit strong but I can't think of the adjective one step below classy at the moment) person who knows that Sllluuurrrrrppppppping their beverage is a serious faux pas! Not to mention disgusting and cringe worthy! Ugh!!

And don't Get me started on her talking with her mouth full or chewing with her mouth open. Obviously decent dining habits were not a big deal in her house growing up.
Comments:
Here is some Slurpie info from 7-11, it's 40 years old today.

7-11 Slurpie

And today only you can get a free 7.11 oz Slurpie according to Slickdeals.net

Here is a direct link to the article
 
Slurpies themselves are fine, great, wonderful. Cause you have a STRAW and don't make that slurp sound. Granted it brings up that whole 'when there's barely any drink left but you suck and suck and suck on the straw anyway' sound *cringe*
 
I agree, that is horrid. I know some people who are actually relatives of mine who don't understand any of this either. It's all "chomp-chomp/smack-smack/talk-smack-slurp."
Ick.
 
*shudder* Ugh ... I can just imagine. The horror!!!
 
The slurping sound, aaagh! I had a college roommate who slurped. I'd listen to it from my top bunk, gritting my teeth the whole time. And I had a boyfriend who chewed like a caveman. Even soft foods, it was chomp chomp CHOMP! Dude, the food will get to your gut eventually--relax. Of course, I'm guilty of eating food directly out of the container. Not in front of other people, but what's single life without sitting around in your underwear eating spaghetti-os out of the can?

Sorry--too much information? ;)
 
Not a thing wrong with eating things from the container. Only thing I have with stuff from a can is that it can have that metal taste, which I'm not fond of.. I'll dump it out, add some spices and heat it up - bye bye metal mouth! :)

Besides folks eat chips and popcorn from the bag all the time, what's the difference between that and a can? Not to mention it's more environmentally friendly as there are fewer dishes to wash/throw away :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?