This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Cable Internet HAH!

As some of yall know I've been trying to get connected to the internet from home, via a cable modem, this week. The modem arrived Tuesday along with my self install kit. I followed the directions and it didn't work. Called my cable provider for assistance, after calling Tech Support Backup (my dad), cable peeps hadn't added internet to my account and they needed numbers from my modem (nowhere is this mentioned in the self install kit). I give them all the data, guy adds internet to my account and still nothing. Then he determines that the cable signal is too weak and schedules a technician to come out on Thursday (yesterday) between 4 and 8 to add a booster.

Cable guy last night was such a krod! *I* knew more about connecting to the Internet than he did! Shocking, I know. And I'm still not connected! Grrrrrrrrr. Showed up at 7.30 (window was 4-8) stayed til 8.30 and all he managed to do was delete some Windows files (and I have no idea where my XP disks are to reinstall them) and replace my swank modem with a POS one (now adding a $3/month charge for use of modem). OH! He called the same 800 number to give the modem numbers to someone who could plug the info in and the guy on the phone said "We don't have her as being set up for the Internet. Does she want to add it now?" UGH!!!!! How many times do I have to tell these people to add the internet to my account????

So I came into work early (hello Diet Mt. Dew for breakfast) so's I can leave early to run by Circut City to pick up a bidirectional cable booster ($50) which is what my brother - the Networking and all around computer Guru (aka Tech Support Expert) - said would fix the problem before 4 when cable guy is supposed to be coming back with an "expert".

*sigh* I need a nap.
Comments:
Another thought is, they never did add your MAC address (cable number serial number [not quite exactly right but close enough])to the DHCP server to give you an IP address. Might want to double check with them *AGAIN*.
 
Make sure you have those eggs boiling ...
 
LOL Eggs were cooked, drained and in the fridge before he ever showed. Did put the flame on under my tea kettle tho :)

And left my blinds open so neighbors could see inside.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?