This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Meeting results

It's official, we lost the contract and there is no deal with company C. We've just submitted a bid proposal. Our current contract expires Sept 30. MC might give an extension until C can firm out a contract with us. MC and C are meeting this Thursday to hash out their contract and my company won't meet with C until mid next week at the earliest.

Couple of issues the nimrod who submitted the proposal failed to ascertain the time length of the contract. He assumed it'd be for five years but really, it's just for one. So the prices he gave were "discounted for multiple years". Basically nobody should expect a raise this year (they dole out raises in October, imagine everyone's joy at this news) and bonuses are not likely (I wouldn't be eligible for a raise or a bonus so it doesn't impact me that much).

Chances are highly likely that the contract won't be renewed after the first year. In that time C will have learned how to do our work and then do it in house. So while the work will still be here for awhile (lot of companies cannot afford to do everything electronically and others refuse to because they don't trust the internet or the government, etc) it's not likely we'll be doing it - unless C hires us directly.

So I moved here, signed a lease for a year and my job isn't that secure. Such happy news. However my first U2 show is in 37 days :):):):) Second is in 38 days :):):) Third is in 40 days :):) and fourth is in 89 days :) Now if I could find a company in Raleigh that would pay to break my lease, let me start beginning of Nov, give me Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays off, I'd be set! Anyone know of any such jobs?
Comments:
You were meant to be there thru the U2 tour. Then COME BACK!
 
Sorry ... that was a little short ..

I'm confused by all of the letters. Does this mean your company B is putting in to subcontract to C under MC, but that's 'to be determined'? But as of right now, your contract is up at the end of the month?
 
LOL I know it! *grin* U2 was the main reason I looked for jobs in this area :)


Yes. My company is hoping to contract to company C thereby making us a subcontractor to company MC. Will find out in a week or so the results.

That clear it up?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?