This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Squirrelly Mathematics

When does 2+2=9? When you're going through the McDonald's drive thru at 5.30 in the morning.

"How many sugars and cream do you want?"
"Two please."

I open the bag (after getting to work, had to sneak my coffee and biscuit on the metro. Amazingly I didn't spill a drop of the elixir of life!), grab the mammoth amount of napkins and out fall two sugars. I look inside the bag and there are two more sugars. I thought maybe they just stuck together. Then I notice that there are three creams. I pull out my biscuit (bacon, egg and cheese for those inquiring minds) and find another cream and another sugar.

So, in McDonald's land: five sugars + four creams = "Two please."
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?