This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Moods

Ever have one of those days where your mood is just all funky and squirrelly for no particular reason? Where you find yourself heaving huge, heavy sighs and feeling blue and out of sorts with no apparent cause visible? That's what today has been like.

Maybe it's a post-excitement/joy high from last night. I saw The Nields perform. Nerissa and Katryna (sisters) Nields that is. They were doing an acoustic set at a coffee house nearby. It was Amazing! I highly recommend anyone going to see them. They're a folk/rock/punk/celtic ish type group. Their voices are reminiscent of Dar Williams, Connie Dover, Kate Wolf and Sarah McLachlan. They have some rock'n tunes and some more traditional folk sounding, some that are twangy like country.

Man they can sing. Katryna was just belting out the tunes last night. They talk to you during the show, tell stories, anecdotes, give commentary, etc. So much fun and it feels like they're performing in your living room.

As excited and happy as I was to see them, it's nothing to the anticipatory feeling I have for U2 later this week. If I'm this down and out of sorts after seeing The Nields, how the heck am I going to be next Sunday?? Oy vey mama! (Notice how everything comes back to U2?)

Or maybe it's the meeting I have tomorrow. All the bigwigs from my company plus the bigwigs at the new company and all of my coworkers will be there. We only have an hour to ask all the questions that we have. Scratch that we only have an hour to listen to all the hot air being spouted by the various company bigwigs with whatever remaining time left, we get to ask our questions. You'd think they'd plan the meeting with ample time but no, they just want to get in and out and on with their day.

Or maybe I'm moody because I can't wear my typical jeans, tshirt and sneakers to work tomorrow. Well, technically, I could wear them but it wouldn't be professional. *sigh*
Comments:
Maybe the weird sisters from the show last night were chi-sucking vampiric bardettes from the underworld. Sounds like they got you.

Anyway, I really hope you feel better in time for your concert! :)
 
Umm noooo.. Although that's an interesting description. I'd be more willing to place the people I went with as the chi-sucking vampiric bardettes than The Nields.

Hmm there's a thought. The peeps I went with both work on the same floor as I do. One sits diagnol from me, actually. Not sure she'd appreciate the chi-sucking vampric bardette description though.. ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?