This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

More Work Crap

Sooooo today we got the news that the Prez of our company "made an error" during yesterday's meeting. Raises will not be retrocactive to October 1. Raises won't even become effective until January 1. Imagine the sheer joy of my coworkers upon this news. As I told them, "If I were eligible for a raise, I'd be pissed."

The email further explained that "M stated that he will schedule a meeting to discuss the error and its ramifications with the staff as soon as possible." Our collective response was, Yeah Right.

However, we found out from a coworker on another floor with a different supervisor as our supervisor was showing the new boss type person around. Email didn't show up until a good two hours after we already knew about it. We also found out from the coworker first, that I will be doing two jobs now (no, there will be no pay increase for moi) and that the person everyone here cannot stand (I have yet to meet her) will be sitting in the desk next to me. Apparently she does the job that I will be trained on in the "near future, possibly next week". I guess the way the contract was worked out the job she does will be doubling, so she'll need the help.

My cellmates are beyond estactic about this (yes, that was sarcasm). I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Mostly depends on what I'll be doing. I got some good compliments out of the whole endeavor though (when the supervisor was able to come back to tell us - after arguing strongly to keep me doing what I'm doing).

My cellmates and I have been coming up with code words/phrases/etc. for when we need a break or whatever. Leading one is Panda Cam! (camera showing Tai shan [Beatuiful Mountain], the baby Giant Panda cub at the National Zoo). We're also working on perfecting our bird calls. Anybody have any pointers? Mostly they're us saying "woo woo. woo woo." while we wave our fingers in front of our mouths.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?