This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Once More With Feeling

I recently bought the soundtrack to the musical Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode from season six (Once More With Feeling). It's fantastic! The liner notes by Joss Whedon (creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and some other shows) are hilarious and a treat to read!

Now I can't say that the singing is the best but it's perfect for the theme of the show and this episode. I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much if everyone in the cast was a stellar singer. The few vocal gems (ASH, AB, JM) are what keeps it from being entirely campy. I've had various songs running through my head for the last week. Today is Tara's solo Under Your Spell. Here's some of the lyrics

I lived my life in shadow,
Never the sun on my face.
It didn't seem so sad, though,
I figured that was my place.
Now I’m bathed in light
Something just isn't right

I’m under your spell
How else could it be
Anyone would notice me?
It's magic, I can tell
How you set me free
Brought me out so easily

I saw a world enchanted,
Spirits and charms in the air.
I always took for granted,
I was the only one there.
But your power shone
Brighter than any I’ve ever known

I’m under your spell
Nothing I can do
You just took my soul with you
You worked your charm so well
Finally, I knew
Everything I dreamed was true


Now I either have to find my tape with this episode on it (I *think* I recorded this one) or buy the DVDs. I have seasons one through five on DVD just haven't been able to scrape together the $50 to buy season six or the $50 for season seven. Then there's Alias seasons two through four to buy. One of these days...
Comments:
I never bought season 6 or 7, either. I liked quite a few episodes of season 6, but not much from season 7. And since season 5 ends on such a bittersweeet-yet-complete note, I felt, in a strange way, that my collection is complete. But if I buy season 6, I gotta buy season 7 because it feels incomplete to end my box sets on a cliffhanger. I don't know, I'm probably just being obsessive.

You should be able to find them for less than $50, though. Maybe Amazon or eBay?

Are you still watching Alias? I watched the premiere this season, and it was so bad that I actually gave up on the series then and there. Maybe I'll tune in for the finale and pretend I watched the whole season.
 
Yeah, still watching Alias despite the fact that they Supposedly killed off Vaughn. GRRRRRR. Not sure how long I'll keep watching. Especially with the two new agents, Weiss gone (maybe) and Nadia back in the picture.

Why are they messing with my show?? ;(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?