This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

U2 Vertigo - DC - 10/19/05

The show was beyond anything!!!!!!! I was singing 40 all the way home.. Loitered at the loading dock until midnight - just in case but the need to potty and the nagging pain in my back forced me to give up my vigil (plus the 4 block hike to my car). As it is, four big tour busses had already left and Dallas was on one of them so it's likely the boys were as well. Tho they arrived in a hodge podge of cars. Adam was in a sedan with untinted windows. I nearly had a cow! "OMG! That's ADAM!!!" saw assorted heads and such in the vans and SUV with tinted windows.. No sighting of Edge, Larry or Bono.. Then the dock door slid shut...

We wait... some folks leave..

Another black SUV pulls in, passenger window rolls down and it's BONO!!!! Didn't think he was going to get out at first, but he did. And then the bodyguard was saying just photos and handshakes, no autographs.. but before he even finishes saying that, Bono is signing stufff. That man is so damn cool.

I. Touched. His. Right. Coat. Sleeve. !!!!!

He had on a Black leather coat, cowboy hat and shades. I was squealing like a girl and saying Thank You Bono!! over and over and over. Lady next to me gave him a book of her poetry and asked him for a hug. He said "Sorry no hugs, have a bit of a cold." I can't believe I heard Bono speak and it wasn't on a record or DVD or radio or through a microphone!!! He was less than an arm's reach away. It's surreal. I snapped a bunch of pictures but I have no idea if they'll
come out - took them on a disposable camera.

I know I'm forgetting stuff. I haven't even talked about the show but it's all a whirl in my head and my body just wants to lay down. It is such a spiritual experience. My soul is revived. Hadn't realized how sickly it had been but wow! If only U2 were to perform on a beach............. :)

Will post pictures - if they come out. Hopefully the digital camera tomorrow/tonight - Thursday will work out :)

No surprises in the set list.. Bono did sing snippets of Send in the Clowns, Johnny Comes Marching Home, Old Man River and at least one other one that escapes me at the moment. Dedicated Johnny to the American service men & women.

Wanted to smack the idiots sitting beside me. Think they stood up for three songs (PITNOL, Streets and WOWY - I believe). Tho the lot of them (four silvery haired guys) got up repeatedly to leave.. maybe they had bladder control issues, I don't know. Two of them left after the first encore. The other two left as soon as Bono left the stage. Numbnut next to me watched the tv screen more than the stage. WTF?!!

Jerk behind me tapped me on my shoulder because she wanted to sit down and I was standing. I ignored her and kept on grooving :)

Okay, that disjointed enough for yall? :) I'm gonna head to bed now, let the body rest so that I can do it all again tonight. WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
Comments:
YAEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and throw in a few more for good measure!)
 
Glad you had fun and didn't get hurt. Be safe again tonight.
 
you TOUCHED him! AGGGHHHHH!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?