This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Daaarrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dar Williams show tonight was fantastic!!!! She had a band with her (keyboards, electric guitar, bass and drummer) so it was like a rock show. Cool yet not what I was expecting really. She did do three or four numbers just her on the acoustic and Julie Wolf on keyboards. The last time I saw her play, it was just her and her guitar.

Ben Butler was the lead guitarist and man did he have some skills! His excellent butt and chest not withstanding *grin* He changed guitars for every song. It was a tad distracting. Although not nearly as distracting as the blinding reflection from the bassist's bass. He was a weird little man. Had his bass really high and did lots of squinty eyed head bopping but his head never went back, just down.. so he was bobbing at the floor.

Most of the songs were from My Better Self, her newest album. Which was expected. I don't know the songs as well as the ones from her earlier albums. Not that I couldn't sing along with her. :) I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am soooo glad I went. I hope she tours again soon!!!!

Opening group was Girlyman and they were amazing!! Their harmonies and songs were astounding. I bought both their cds. You can hear lots of audio clips on their website. Go! Listen! See them live!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?