This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cautiously Optimistic

Just had a pleasant conversation with a refund agent of the airline that was screwing me over. Quick recap.

Booking ticket online to fly to Ohio for U2 show.
Webpage froze/crashed. Told me ticket couldn't be processed and to start over.
I start over.
Book ticket for show.
Book ticket for Christmas flight.
Check email. Have 3 confirmations. Two for the U2 flight (& 1 for Christmas). 2 seats on the same plane.
Call web support. No record of a problem. Can't refund. Have to cancel ticket and pay cancellation charge. Will have remaining $ (after deducting cancellation fee) as a credit for future flight.
Try repeatedly to get refund dept. to no avail (8-4.30 M-F only).
Have credit card put a Dispute on charge. Final determination: If I can't provide a copy of the failure message from the webpage, airline won't credit the credit card company and therefore the credit card company won't credit me.

This morning's I called the refund dept again. Asked on the status of my ticket refund. Gave ticket number to lady on phone.
"Ma'am this is a non-refundable ticket"
"I know but I was booked twice on the same flight"
"Oh, okay. What's the other ticket number?" I give it to her.
"Okay, your ticket is refunded now."
"The first one I gave you?"
"Yes"
"Okay great! Thanks so much!"

Silly silly silly stupid me. Despite all the crap this airline has put me through, it did not even occur to me to get a confirmation number for the refund or the lady's name. Took a coworker asking me if I had for me to realize how I screwed up. *bangs head on desk*

I quickly checked my ticket status on their webpage (not the most trustworthy thing, I know). I punched in the illegitimate ticket # and it said Coupon 01 not been used, Coupon 02 not used. I had a mild panic attack thinking she had cancelled BOTH tickets! I punch in the other ticket # and it says "no data available". Increase feelings of panic overcome me.

I go to another page and check ticket status there and the illegitimate ticket has no itinerary but the real one does. I emailed it to myself as backup. I start to calm down. So as of right now and as far as I know - I only have one seat on the plane and my other ticket is being refunded. Cross your fingers!

Although, as I told my folks in an email earlier. If I can only have yall crossing your fingers for one thing, have it be my making it to Cleveland for the U2 show this Saturday!! See we're under a winter storm watch. Forecasting 2-5" of snow with freezing rain and sleet mixing in starting tonight around 11 and continuing into the morning commute.

If the fed gov't is closed, I don't have to go into work (just use my sick/vac time to get paid) and my apt shuttle to the metro doesn't run. So I'll either have to walk the 2.5 miles to the nearest metro or take a bus. Assuming the busses are running. Oy!
Comments:
Oh, I remember reading about this airline thing when you first posted it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out!
I hope the weather up there doesn't get too treacherous.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?