This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Holiday Wrap Up

I'm sorry for those of yall going through squirrelly withdrawals. I just didn't feel like blogging anything whilst up North for the holidays. Okay for part of the holidays. Am back at work now. So since I have to be up anyway and have access to the WWW, I figured I'd do a quick recap.

Flew to Ohio Friday night. Plane was full and delayed about 30 minutes. However I did manage to finish a crossword puzzle while waiting in the airport for 4 hours (thanks Rach!). See my work closed early on Friday. The building closed at 3.10, I had to leave and my plane wasn't scheduled to leave until 7.30. Since I had no desire to lug my bags to a mall to watch people, I went to the airport to watch people. I tried getting on an earlier flight, to no avail.

I get on the plane and see that the middle seat is wet and getting wetter. Supposedly the air conditioning unit was leaking. The lady in front of me had the aisle seat and I had the window. So she pushed the flight attendant button as I dug some napkins out of my bag to sop up some water. Flight attendant (FA) was very nice and prompt. She climbed on the seats to check the overhead bins, make sure it wasn't a drink container leaking. That's when we hear "It's leaking up here too." Two rows up, the middle seat was also getting a drip bath. FA crams some napkins into the seam and puts down a layer of napkins, then a blanket for the middle person to sit. Thankfully SHE was also nice and laid back. Didn't pitch a fit about water dripping on her. Middle seat lady looked eeriely similar to Ty of Girlyman.

Saturday is spent doing last minute shopping with the folks. We also saw Harry Potter 4. My mom and I were up late doing a mini-shave job on my cat Pierre. He's a silver shaded persian that I rescued back in 1998 (along with his dad, Gallagher). Apparently Pierre was taken from his mom too young as he isn't the best groomer (ie he doesn't groom). He also has chronic ..gastrointestinal issues. So we shaved his butt, part of his tail and the back of his hind legs. I'm sure it's a little breezy, but he's gotta feel better having the matted, fragrant fur removed.

Christmas morning I get up about 8.30 (and recieved MUCH grief about this. "She didn't up until WHEN?? Is she feeling alright?" Hello People! It's a weekend AND a holiday! Aren't I allowed to sleep in????). I figured we'd wait to do gifts until my brother and his family arrive. But no. I'm not even permitted time to have breakfast before gift unwrapping ensues. For those interested, I got a variety of candles, lotions, ornaments and candy. All very good stuff :)

My folks and I are done with the gifts and my mom asks me to get some more tissues out of their bathroom. I say okay, go into their bathroom and look under their sinks. I yell back to the living room, "mom there aren't any tissues under the sink." She gets up, comes in and goes into the linen closet to get some out. She swears she says closet and I swear she said under the sink. Anyway, I turn around to go back out into the other room and what do my wonderous eyes see? A guitar shaped package on their bed! Do I read the tag? Nope. Do I take it out into the other room to open? Yes but only after my mom says, "You can take that into the other room you know." I stop tearing at the paper and carry into the other room.

It's so pretty :) My first guitar. And tuner and picks. Now I just need to learn how to play it *grin* Although that'll be awhile yet. Mr. Guitar had to stay in OH. No way was I trusting the airline to bring him back to DC undamaged. As it is my checked bag was hand screened. I opened it up to find a piece of paper saying that someone had pawed through it. I was seriously creeped out. No way am I wearing any undergarments that were in there until I wash them again. Which is sad since they had been washed before packing. Ah well.

My brother's family arrives around 2 (Christmas Day), we have dinner and try to put JT down for a nap. He was having none of that crap. So then we do the second round of gift opening. This is where we determine that some of us had gone a teensy bit overboard in the gift buying department for JT. Hey, he'll only have his second Christmas once! So what if he won't remember it. We will!

Monday night we (folks, brother's family & I) all go to see the Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo. Once my brother uploads some of the pictures he took at the zoo, I'll post them here. And that's pretty much it. I'm sure I left out lots of stuff but I was just trying to do a short recap.

Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night! :)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?