This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Sweet Dreams Are Made of These...

I had the best dream last night. Actually it was this morning. I woke up with this huge smile on my face and that delicious warm fuzzy feeling. I looked at the clock, twas 4.45. My alarm wouldn't go off for another 20 minutes.

After reliving the dream a couple of times, I thanked Gallagher. I'm sure he sent me the dream as a holiday gift. He's a clever, dear sweet boy, my Gallagher. I had been talking to him last night. Telling him I love him, miss him, hope he's happy. You know the stuff you feel and say to someone who is far, far away but always close in your heart.

Anyway, the dream. I was at a U2 show, in the first seated row straight out, dead center of the ellipse. The legions of GA fans (and the security guards and railings) the only thing between the boys and me. For some reason we were all sitting down.. Not sure why, it wasn't disrespectful. Maybe Bono had asked as all to sit? Not really sure. Anyway they're playing Until the End of the World (UTEOTW) and it's at the part where Edge just wails on his guitar and he and Bono chase each other around the ellipse. They're both half way up other side when they turn around and run towards each other. They meet in the center, directly across from me.

Then Bono is shading his eyes, looking into the crowd. He says "Where's U2Lorax**? Anyone see U2Lorax?" My heart stops and I just freeze in place, staring at Bono and Edge wild eyed. Sort of like a deer in headlights. I was thinking They know me?? They know my name?? Holy crap!! Edge spots me, points me out and Bono nods. Then they step out onto the rail, reach down and pull me up onto stage.

I was on the stage, shell shocked. Bono looks at me, then at Edge and grins. "So I hear all you want for Christmas is a hug from The Edge." I blush and stare blindly at nothing. I couldn't see. Could barely hear. My heart was thundering in my ears. Then this arm comes around me and my knees go weak, my heart flutters. The Edge has his arm around me!!! He leans down and says, "That true?" I stare at him, blushing, and try to speak but nothing comes out. Like a fish out of water, gasping for air. He just smiles at me and pulls me closer. I'm now leaning into him and Bono is babbling about something. I have no idea what. Hello! Standing next to The Edge! His arm around my shoulders!!

I finally settle down enough to relax. I put my arm around Edge's waist, look up at him and smile (yet more proof it's a dream, he and I are about the same height) and he smiles back. I tune into Bono and hear him say, "So Lorax, you think Edge is a better hugger or me?" Then he comes over and gives me a huge bear hug. I'm stunned. Bono releases me and just grins at me. Then he asks, "Well? Which is it then? Does Edge hug better or do I?" I blink at him a couple times and then look at Edge. Edge is shaking his head at Bono, then he motions me back to him. Then he mimes giving me a bear hug - he wants ME to hug him like Bono hugged me.

So I go to wrap my arms around him (I may be shockey but I'm not stupid!) and encounter his acoustic guitar (he plays an electric one for UTEOTW). So my right arm is sorta flailing about and I start blushing even more. Edge then pulls his guitar away from himself and I sort of duck under and hug him. Best hug I've ever had. I just stand there, hugging him, his guitar at my back and sort of rocking side to side. *sigh* Gives me warm fuzzy happy feelings just to remember it.

Time just sort of freezes. I have no concept of how long I stood there hugging Edge, his maroon leather jacket clutched in my hands (I've never seen him wear a maroon leather jacket that has a waist tie). I finally let go and step back. At some point Dallas had come out and taken the guitar. I was oblivious. I smile at Edge and thank him. He smiles and nods at me. Then Bono says, "How about one more?" And opens his arms, I nod, smile and then hug Edge again *grin* They both laugh at me. Then they help me off the stage and the show goes on.

*happy sigh*

**They actually knew my Real name.
Comments:
Nice dream, but I think you neglected to mention the part where Bono takes me behind the stage during yours and Edge's little exchange and has his way with me...
 
Awesome dream! Accidently emailed you instead of commenting :P
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?