This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

BCS Music

Many thanks to my mom, brother and Rach. About 10:00 last night my phone rings, it's kinda garbled and the connection disintigrates. I assume it's a family member and not a telemarketer calling. Phone rings again, it's my brother.

"U2 is going to be on during half time of the Rose Bowl."
"What? When? How much time do I've got??"
"There's four minutes left in the half."
"Oooh okay. Hold on, let me get the cordless phone." I set the receiver down, walk into my living room just as my cell starts ringing. I can tell by the ring that it's family. I check the caller ID and see that it's my mom.
"U2 is going to be on at half time" I answer. I pick up my cordless and click it on.
My mom: "Oh, so you saw it? I didn't know if you'd have the game on or not."
"I didn't but Toph called to tell me," I say into both receivers. "Thanks for calling me though, Momma."
My mom: "Oh okay. Well I'll let you go." We hang up.

I turn on my VCR, insert my U2 tape, text message Rach and TC on my cell, and chit chat with my brother until the period ends. I get a text from Rach saying "I was just texting you about it when your text came through!!" Great minds (and good friends) think alike :)

I hang up with my brother and then suffer through the half time crap. Texting Rach (and sometimes TC) pithy comments. "Blah blah blah! Bring on U2!" etc. Rach and I cement a deal concerning her and Bono and Edge and I. I then text Rach asking her if she thinks it'll be the video for Original Of The Species as last year, during one of the bowl games, the video for All Because of You was shown. I was oh so wrong, though.

After half time is OVER, they show this maybe 20 second clip of Vertigo from the Vertigo 2005 U2 Live from Chicago DVD. Which would've been bad enough but they showed MAYBE 10 seconds of actual concert footage, rest was full of clips from the first half of the game with U2 playing in the background.

I text to Rach and TC "LAME!!!"
Rach responds with, "What? Did I miss it??"
TC texts that it was longer on sportscenter at 6 and didn't have the football footage. But did he bother to text ME at 6 to tell me about it? Nooo! Was HE in the process of texting me about the halftime U2 "show"?? NOoo! *muttergrumbleBOYS!mutter*

My land line rings again, I didn't know if it was my brother or my mom, so I answer with "THAT's IT???? I turned the TV on for THAT???" and my brother laughed.
"I was thinking the same thing! LAME!!"
"I texted Rach and TC that same thing! How stupid! What a crock!! Lame Lame Lame!! If I wanted to watch Vertigo, I'd have put in the DVD! and if I wanted to see football clips of the first half, I'd have watched the game!" We moan and complain some more and then hang up. Okay okay okay so it was mostly Me moaning and complaining *grin*

I did search the ESPN web site and found the link for the entire clip, sans football footage. Vertigo on ESPN. However, it won't let me link directly to it. You have to click on the image of U2. The portion played last night is the ending segment after the Stories For Boys snippet.
Comments:
Ha, you fell for it too! You see I was "tricked" with the line "Hey, U2 is going to be on during half time" After the longest 2 minutes ever and some marching band viewing it was finally there...and then they do that crap. Somebody will pay for this =)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?