This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Jesus: Fact or Fiction?

Did Jesus Exist? Italian Court to Decide

Summary: Guy (Cascioli) says Jesus is a fable, perpetuated by the Catholic church based on John of Gamala (a Jew from the 1st century). He states that this fable violates two Italian laws 1) Abuse of Popular Belief and 2) Impersonation.

"I started this lawsuit because I wanted to deal the final blow against the Church, the bearer of obscurantism and regression," Cascioli told Reuters.
Comments:
I know! I was laughing out loud at work today when I read that.
 
My favorite part of the article was:

"It would take a miracle to win," plaintiff Luigi Cascioli admits of his case that argues Jesus didn't exist as a historic figure.

hahahah, a miracle! Now that is true comedy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?