This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Psychic Health Connection?

Last Thursday evening I had a sore throat. Friday I felt progressively worse as the day went on, sore throat, headache, congestion, cough, aches, etc. Saturday was me on the couch, coughing and hacking my way between naps, a fever (only 101.3, so not that bad) and some seriously cheezy movies on the Sci Fi channel. Sunday was better, had some appetite back and the fever was lower. Today I thankfully had off from work so I didn't have to burn any sick time. I may only work a half day tomorrow.

Anyway, I talked to my folks, who are watching my nephew until Weds (bro & sis-in-law are on a ski trip), on Sunday afternoon. I find out then that J.T. (nephew) is sick as well. Friday he vomited when they (bro & sis-in-law) got him home from day care, twice in the car on the way to my folks' house and then again once at the folks' house. Poor little guy. He's all congested and Saturday night my folks took turns rocking him in the recliner because he couldn't breathe when he was lying down. They had to hold him mostly upright so that he could get some sleep. My mom held him from about 11 until 3.30 am and then my dad took over.

After comparing notes it almost sounds like I'm sympathetically sick with J.T. We ate similar things on Sunday, had similar sleeping issues and we were both cranky. So maybe we're linked. My grandmother (mom's mom) would know when my brother was injured. She'd call within hours of him getting hurt to ask what was wrong. So maybe I've got a similar link with J.T. Which is great! Except I'd rather just know that something was going on instead of feeling it. I know, I know. Picky! Picky! ;) But it does make for a good story, right? I can hear it now...

"Sorry boss, I can't come in today."
"Why? Are you sick?"
"No, I'm not sick but my nephew is. And we're linked, so I'll be sick soon."
Utter silence from the boss.

Maybe I should start a petition to get psychic health sick days added...
Comments:
Of all the people to have a link with, it just had to be a little fellow didn't it? ;) Hopefully you will manage to avoid feeling if he suffers any bone fractures as he grows up playing sports.
 
Hmm that would seriously suck! However, on the bright side, at least I won't have to deal with PMS from him when he hits puberty ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?