This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Tart Raspberry Lemonade

Juice of 7 lemons (about 1 cup)
1 cup sugar syrup*
12 oz frozen raspberries
3 pints water (6 cups)
1 lemon sliced in thin rounds
1/2 lemon zested

Roll lemons on counter or nuke in the microwave for 10 seconds. It helps release the juice from the rind. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar syrup and water to pitcher and stir until mixed well. Add raspberries and lemon rounds, mix well. Taste and add more sugar syrup, if it's too tart. It most likely will be unless you bought sweetened raspberries.

Sugar Syrup

Add equal parts sugar and water to saucepan. Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring regularly. Let cool, pour into air tight container and refrigerate until needed.

I made this today. Hand squeezed the lemons, made the simple syrup, all of it. My hands still smell like lemons so it's good that I like them :) And man is it good and Tart! Good thing I have extra syrup I can use to detartify it. (Yes detartify is a word. I just used it twice, didn't I?)
Comments:
I love "detartify" as a word. I really must try this drink sometime because rapsberries and syrup and lemons just can't be bad.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?