This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Blatant Gift Solicitation

Since I was accused *ahem T* of asking for an MP3 player for my birthday when I really wasn't, I decided to be obnoxious and compile a list. Sure some things might be a ..tad cheeky, but when you're being blatant you might as well list what you really want.

For your monetary convience, I've divided my gifts into a variety of categories based on price point. Also, most links are to Amazon.com mainly for picture and ISBN help. I've never actually bought anything from Amazon so I don't have any feelings about them, one way or another. Yall only have left, better get shopping!

Edgetastic!!! Priceless
Bearhug from U2's The Edge :)

Platinum $1,001 and up
Trip to Australia to see U2 perform (March 17, 18, 21, 24, 25, 28 &/or 31, 2006)
Trip to Ireland with surprise U2 concert (rumored to be this July)
Trip to Hawaii to see U2 (April 8, 2006)
Music Rising Guitar

Please note all trips must include airfare, accomodations, spending money, valid U2 concert ticket and be a minimum of five nights.

Gold $101-1000
MP3 Player
Santoku Knife (aka Japanese Chef's Knife)
30GB, 7,500 Song iPod in Black Please include car adapter and Complete U2 Boxed Set available from iTunes
U2 iPod
Any U2 Lithograph

Silver $51-100
U2 & I: The Photographs 1982-2004 by Anton Corbijn

Bronze $26-50
U2 Show by Diana Scrimgeour (Hardcover - Oct 14, 2004)
U2 by U2 by U2 and Neil McCormick (Hardcover - Sep 1, 2006) **That's right, it's not released yet. Keep this in mind for a Labor Day gift, Halloween, Half year Bbday, Christmas, etc. :)

Broke but Still Cool $5-25
Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky (1983) VHS
Bono: In Conversation with Michka Assayas by Michka Assayas
U2 - Best of 1990-2000 (2002) DVD
U2 - Popmart (1997) VHS
Gift Card (Barnes & Noble, Borders, Amazon, Bath & Body Works, etc)
Any U2 single

It's The Thought That Counts Under $5
Bootlegs of any U2 concert, any tour
Ecard
Snail mail card
Positive thoughts & vibes
Comments:
Who needs subtlty in this day and age...why...you just did us all a favor
 
So...how OLD will you be?
 
Why a Zen? Why not an IPOD? If you going to ask for something why not ask for one of the best?
 
Thanks Nikki or should I say, You're Welcome! ;)

I'm younger than you Monkeyboy! I'll be 30. So that means 30 gifts, right? Nee, back me up here! :)

And you're absolutely right, t! I have updated my list accordingly. Not sure why I didn't include an iPod on the list. Guess I was trying to be frugal. Yeah, Frugal! :)
 
I got 30 gifts for my 30th bday...although, 9 were once 1 sweatshirt of my husband's which was cut up into 9 pieces. I hated that stupid ugly sweatshirt....oh, and 12 were roses.

Oh, and G, no need to be frugal at 30 when others (read: not me) are buying!
 
Renee, What I'm hearing from you is, 30 bearhugs from The Edge. That right? ;)
 
Nice. And so helpful, the way you added links to the individual gifts- really cuts down on shopping time...
 
Well I figured I needed to add the links so that non-U2 peeps could figure out what I was talking about. I mean, how else will I get exactly what I want??? ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?