This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yellowgreen For The Future!

Live Green, Go Yellow is a new website by GM Motors advocating the use of E85 fuel. That is, 85% ethanol and 15% petroleum. If you go to the LGGY web page, an informational video talks about using renewable resources to make ethanol. It's pretty cool. The fact that you can get a free t-shrit by going to the Get Stuff link, is incidental.

From the Clean Air Choice web site. "A bushel of field corn will yield 1.6 lbs of corn oil, 10.9 lbs of high protein feed (distillers dried grains or DDG), 2.6 lbs of corn meal and 31.5 lbs of starch-which can be converted to beverages, sweeteners or 2.7 gallons of fuel ethanol."

Some more links for more information on E85. Please click and read.

E85 Fuel
Ethanol.org
U.S. DOE E85 Info

There are some blogs out there which talk about alternative fuel. The main one that pops up is rather schizophrenic in its approach. It says it's pro-alternative fuel, yet every entry I've read is decidedly con. They seem to be more interested in bashing attempts to become less oil dependent, than in offering ideas to achieve this goal. I guess I shouldn't judge, I do my darndest to add the word squirrelly, or some derivative thereof, to every entry of My blog. I'm sure there are tons of folks out there who think I'm as unbalanced as I think the above mentioned bloggers are. :)

Big thanks to Toph, for giving me the heads up about the Live Green, Go Yellow link.
Comments:
Just checked out the Yellow Green site. Looks cool. The 'eep isn't listed as one that will convert though :( would be cool though. But the only stations in NC that really carry it are in Charlotte or that area so it would be a hell of a long trip for gas.

Hopefully they will get one here soon. I'm gonna send it on to my daddy b/c i'm sure he'll get a kick outta it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?