This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

KT Tunstall

A coworker leant me his copy of KT Tunstall's album Eye to the Telescope yesterday. It's great! I had my doubts and misgivings - entirely because Ms. Tunstall is hitting big right now. Perhaps it's my squirrelly nature, but I tend to steer clear of the popular music scene. This quirk has served me well in the past.

Ms. Tunstall is a Scottish 'folk pop' singer songwriter. So it's not surprising I like her as I'm really a folk music person at heart. I have two minor issues with her music.

One - She doesn't have a groovy cool Scottish accent when she sings. No idea if she has one when she talks as I haven't listened to any interviews. My other beef is that the latter half of the album her voice sounds similar to the ...vocal stylings of Joss Stone. I can't stand Joss Stone. She oversings and her voice is too raspy. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. Now KT's voice isn't that harsh, but I can see it heading that way, if she's not careful. Steer clear of the dark side KT!!

Rolling Stone Biography of KT Tunstall
Vh1 Biography of KT Tunstall
AOL Music Spotlight - KT Tunstall
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?