This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

I get home last night from seeing the Cowboy Junkies perform with a couple of friends and there's a note on my door. It's from the management of my apartment complex. It's dated April 18 (even tho they didn't put it on my door til April 19). It says I have to renew my lease by April 20 if I want to sign for another year. My rent will go up $37 a month. However, if I don't stop in on April 20th (today) and sign the lease, my rent will go up $225 a month and I'll be on a "two-month to two-month lease". My lease ends June 30th and if I wish to vacate I must give 60 days written notice.

What to do. What to do. I don't particularly relish the thought of living up here another year. Yet I haven't found any job openings in my field, elsewhere (I have checked NC, MD, MA, NJ, DE and OH).

I'd love, love, Love to move back to NC. I miss Raleigh. But then my handsome, adorable, sweet nephew is in OH and I don't get to see him nearly enough. However, the drive to the beach from OH is a ...tad far.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? Solutions?
Comments:
I rather you stay...

I don't want to help you move again so soon.
 
Even if I didnt want you to come back to Raleigh (trying to put personal bias aside), it's so expensive up there ... cost of living. Fortunately, you havent had to drive your car ... that's been nice.
Dogs, the job market sucks ...

If you do move back down here, I'll volunteer Alan to help you move once you get in town, it's what he likes to do. He might even be able to round up a few other labor hands, to help 'T' out. ;)
 
Well, it's official. I'll be living here through June 2007. A 6 month lease tacked on nearly $150 to my rent (per month). So I signed for the 12 month deal.

Must crack down on my writing and send it out to places and maybe get published or win contests. Bring in more money without having to work retail. I don't have the patience for the rude people up here. Or the language skills to understand most of them. I have yet to hear anyone speaking French in a store. Just one brief encounter at the Zoo.

Thanks for your offer of Alan's services E. I'll keep that in mind for next year :)

and 'T' thanks ever so much for your kindness and understanding. So good that you were thinking of me instead of you. Such selflessness.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?