This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Coffee! in Cubeville Take 2

I had this lovely entry all written up. I was just previewing it, checking for spelling mistakes when this wretched horrid web browser decides to make it go poof. I despise Internet Explorer. I want Mozilla!!!! But since I can't install ANYTHING on my computer here, I'm stuck with this POS browser. Grrrrrrrrr

Anywho, there's a convenience store attached to my new work building. We just have to walk through a breezeway on the fourth floor and we're there. This week the owner has been giving us free coffee. Next week it'll go away and a small (8 oz) will be $1.00, medium a $1.10 and large (20 oz) a $1.20. Anyone else see something squirrelly about these prices?

Also the owner of the store is blind. You have to tell him what you're getting and the denomination of the bills you hand him. That requires more trust of strangers than I have. Especially of the people here. There's been so much bitching going on by the Fed. employees regarding the contractors (which I am) it's pitiful. And makes for a crappy work environment. I don't know. Maybe they're just pissy because they went from offices to cubes and are taking it out on us. Doesn't make us like them any better. I lock up my pens, pencils, post its, etc every night. I don't trust people to not take my supplies. People are already stealing chairs. Whatever.

Okay enough bitching from me. I don't want people to think that I'm one of these fed. employees! I'll try to post more often next week. And be more upbeat and squirrelly with my posts as well :)

Happy Friday! and Go Canes!!!! The Avs are out (*cry* they're my second fave team) and the Sabres (my third fave) lead their series 3-1. HOCKEY!!! :)
Comments:
You have a convenience store next to you? Flippin' sweet. Ah, how I love a 7-11 and their 64oz Super Gulps.
 
It's not nearly as swanky as a 7-11. No slurpees or Super Gulps in sight or lotto tickes. Some chips, donuts, coffee, umm an itty bitty frozen section (Uncle Ben rice bowls, etc) and sodas (bottles & cans no fountain drinks).

It's handy if you're desperate.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?