This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Festivalness

A quick shout out to my mom, before I start the real entry. Momma, I love you dearly but don't read this entry. You'll only shake your head at me.

Right, on with the blog!

Despite the threatening rain clouds, I went to a wine festival in Maryland with my friend d on Sunday. It was very similar to a wine festival that I went to in North Carolina a couple years back. We both verified that we just aren't fans of red wine. They're too sour, strong, bold.. Not sure of the right word. Heavy? We did find a lovely Sangria from Linganore though. And their Raspberry wine wasn't bad. I did not like their Peach wine at all.

Thinking back, I should've bought a bottle of the Sangria. The reasoning for not buying it is that we'll tour their winery at a future date and buy it then. Plus d has seen their wines in local stores. As I live in VA, I have not. Well, that and I haven't looked at the wine in any stores here.

Without a doubt (in my opinion), the best wines were from Penn Oaks Winery. They have this Fantastic white table wine, Liebfraumilch and a white dessert wine called Noble Rot. I almost didn't try the dessert wine because of the name. Who wants to drink something called rot?? I'm very glad I got over my snobbishness (helped that d speaks fluent German and said that it actually meant... something not gross, I don't remember what). It's soooo goooood. I bought a bottle of each, as did d. We ended up trying six of their wines and liked them all.

There were also a variety of artisans there. An amazing pearl booth by JRo Pearls was a highlight. I managed not to buy anything. Tho d bought enough for both of us :)

There were also a couple of photography booths that I enjoyed. Both only displayed photos of nature. I'm not a fan of photos with people in them. I don't want strangers hanging on my walls. I have to deal with strangers whenever I go out, I don't want to deal with them when I'm at home. Only photos with people in them at my place, are people I know and love. I'm squirrelly like that. Give me a good nature scene, abstract painting, cute critter, or deep space photography any day!

By far a better festival than the one I went to a few weeks back. Nobody wearing wings or horns or antenna. Although I did see a guy in a kilt and several females in skimpy attire. I even saw one lady wearing a rennaissance style gown. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?