This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Phone Speak

On Sunday, just after the hockey game had gone into overtime, my land line rings. As the only people who call that are telemarketers and my family and it was after 10 at night, I figured it was my family. When I know it's my family calling I often answer it other than "hello". I'll say Hallmark Gold Crown or Sam's Club etc. Just random store names. They do the same to me. We're a quirky bunch. And since my family had called me just after a previous hockey game, I figured odds were good that it was my brother or mom. I forgot about the other group of folks who call my home phone...

Me: "It's in overtime!" I answer in a sing song voice
Caller: *pause* "Uhh hello?"
Me: recognizing that it's not a family member I say, "Hello?"
Caller: "Umm is Aisha there?"
Me: "Sorry, wrong number!" I sing song and hang up before she replies

Then I laughed and laughed because the chick probably thought I was crazy. Which is fine. Chances are she won't be calling my number looking for Aisha, or anyone else, again.

I get a lot of wrong numbers too. Most often they're for Miss Ashwan. Despite my repeatedly telling the people "wrong number, she doesn't live here, update your records" etc. I still get calls for her. I've even gotten people rambling in some foreign language on my answering machine. I have no idea what they're saying as they aren't nice enough to leave a message in English or French. Or even Spanish. I could at least hazard out a few key words if it were in Spanish. Ah well, at least I know my answering machine still works.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?