This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Foodee

As some of yall know, I had Monday off from work and spent the day with my friend d. We had plans to go to a food show in Baltimore. However, a last minute change in a dental appointment crimped our plans a bit. D's appointment for a root canal was at 1.00, she was asked to keep two hours free for it. The food show was open from 11-5 and it's a 30 minute drive from d's place to Baltimore and the dentist is about 40 mins away from Baltimore.

So we get to the food show at 11.30 (d had some stuff she had to do at her business before we could leave) and left at 12.15. Giving us 45 minutes to explore the place. Which, as it turns out, was enough time to glance at over half the booths and sample stuff from four or five, as well as talk to those vendors. Sadly there wasn't a knife, pot, pan or any other kitchen accessory to be found. Only food and drinks. We both thought there'd have been some kitchen apparatti* there.

I ride back with d (she offered to let me stay and hang out at the show and/or the Inner Harbor but I didn't want to make her feel like she had to come back and get me after getting her root canalled) and loitered at a coffee shop in the same shopping center as her dentist. I had some crappy coffee and read my book (Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong) for 1.5 hours. Thankfully it was a great book (I finished it Monday night before the Canes' game) and the time went quickly.

Then we went in search of lunch. First two places we tried were either closed or only serving salads. We ended up at a place called Eggsations (or something like that) and both ended up getting burgers. Then we picked up her oldest boy from school (was 5 pm) and headed home. I stayed til about 5.45 or so and then went home. I wanted to be sure I had plenty of time to get home before the puck dropped.

I got home just after 7. It's typically a 50 minute drive to/from her place. There was just lots and lots of traffic. There was also lots and lots of people only taking the speed limit into advisement, not as a hard and fast rule. :)

All in all it was a good day. Admittedly the best part was coming from behind and winning Game 1 but don't tell d I said that!

* I know that the plural of apparatus is apparatus or apparatuses but I like the sound of apparatti so deal with it.
Comments:
I don't have a dictionary here in front of me, but I'm pretty sure it's "apperatrix."

You're welcome. ;)
 
lol. Silly me! I was thinking apparatix. Although maybe I'm biased about the whole "Trix is for kids" campaign.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?