This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Saturday = Crap Day

I spent most of Saturday horizontal. Just didn't feel that great. Slept a lot and when I was awake, I wanted to be asleep. I told myself I was just storing energy for that night. See, Saturday night was Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I knew things weren't going to go well even before it was announced who the refs were. Game was on NBC. Their commentators are crap and the sound isn't as groovy as on OLN.

The lousy, biased, referee Mcough (pronounced Magoo) was there. He's the jerk who was calling everything in favor of the devils. He hasn't changed his tune. All but one of his calls last night was for the Oilers. How he missed Aaron Ward getting crosschecked in front of our goal when he (blind ref) was standing right there, watching the whole thing, is beyond me. Thankfully Aaron was okay after he rested a bit. He was in obvious pain. Hell he was basically on his knees from the time he was clobbered until the next whistle blew. The whole time Magoo was right there, watching.

The Canes lost 1-2 but thankfully still lead the series 2-1. Next game is Monday night, again on the crap station and in Edmonton.

Also, my darling fishie, Sir Alfred Gluttony, died early during the second period. He wasn't quite a year old.
Comments:
I'm sorry to hear that Glutton went down with the Hurricanes that night ... bad karma all around. d:(
 
That's a helluva fish- To give up his life in attempt to boost the 'Canes to a win...RIP Sir G.
 
I'm so sorry to hear about Alfred. :(
 
Yes Sir Gluttony was a helluva fishie. Very finny in his demands. Fluttering at me and pacing (swimming) back in forth and around his castle. Always watching where I am in case I came near his tank.

He was a great travel companion too. Never complained. Tho he did offer his thoughts and opinions in a wonderfully humorous manner at times.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?