This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Turtles, Snails and 3 Toed Sloths

Yeah. So I wanted to get to work early to decorate a coworker's cube. Her birthday is on Sunday and she has Monday off. I left my house at 5.20, stopped at CVS where I encountered a Turtle. He was very slow - in movement and brain power. Hello! Just because you're already at work doesn't mean you can take it easy now! Some of us are in a hurry! I got streamers and that's it. They didn't have balloons. Rather Turtle didn't know where the balloons were and I didn't see them when I canvassed the store. He offered to check the aisles and I quickly said "NO! err no thanks, that's okay. The streamers will do." Then I walk to the counter and wait. And wait some more. Finally Turtle appears, "Oh are you ready to check out?" No dumbass. I'm just standing at the checkout counter waiting for the sun to rise. "Yes, I am. Thanks." See I can be polite when thinking that the person I'm dealing with is an idiot.

He picks up my animal crackers (I bought lunch too) and said, "Oh these look good." Scans them. Sets them down. Fiddles around opening the plastic bag. Picks up crackers, "Man these really look good." Puts them in bag. Scans my soda and Dinty Moore Beef Stew and puts them in the bag. Fiddles with the bag and finally manages to unhook it from the metal bars and puts it on the counter. He scans my streamers (one blue and one that says Happy Birthday) sets them back on the counter and then goes to try and open a new bag. "No! That's okay. Just put it all in one bag." He does. I have my money out handing it to him but he's busy trying to find what the total is. Hello! It's $9.87! Here's a $20.00. Give me my change. Yeah it took him awhile to figure out how to make 13 cents. He first got a quarter out. I was darn close to telling him give me the 10 and keep the change. As it is I grabbed the money before he handed it to me and fled.

Then I get to the metro and they're doing work. Have to take the escalator that was slow. Walking up the stairs would have been faster but there were people standing on the stairs having a pow wow. I settled for running up the escalator because the metro should've been pulling in. Nope. They were having troubles. So I had to wait. Instead of catching the 5:45 I had to catch the 6:00. I read the paper while waiting and then began the crossword puzzle.

I get to my stop and dash up both escalators only to see my bus pulling away. Gah! So I go back down, into the underground and go to Starbucks. I have a 12 minute wait before the next bus shows. I get my espresso frap and croissant head back up. Only to find out the busses are running late.

I get to my office (outside) at 6.30. The time I normally do when I take my apt. shuttle and the metro. I get to my cube at 6.40 because I wasn't fast enough off the bus and to the elevators. I had to wait on the 3 toed sloths. I should've just gotten off the elevator and taken the next one. But I couldn't as I was stuck in the back.

So yeah. I leave my house 40 minutes early to get to my cube 5 minutes later than normal. And my coworker is already here. No idea when I'll be able to decorate her cube.

Happy Friday Everyone!! Thank Dog there's a hockey game tomorrow night!!!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?