This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Confessions

I have an addiction. Okay, okay, okay, I have several addictions but the one I'm thinking of is a secret one. I don't know of anyone that knows it. I haven't talked about it with anyone. I haven't partook (partaked?) of it with anyone, so there are no witnesses. Well, other than my tv and he's not talking. There's maybe two people who know that I like this but neither realizes how deeply I feel about it.

As with any addiction, you're supposed to come clean. It's the first step to recovery. I'm not sure I want or need to recover, but I figured I'd come clean anyway. What is it? you ask. Well it's a sporting event that happens every year in July. Should be ringing some bells for you folks. And no, it's not tennis. Wimbledon Schmibledon.

It's Le Tour de France. I can't help! I love it! I watch the replays of each stage at night and on the weekends, I watch the live coverage. Both shown on OLN. I think it stems from my fascination and avid interest in triathlons. Especially the IronMan in Hawaii. I haven't seen any good triathlon reports for a year or so tho. So perhaps I'm overcompensating by immersing myself in Le Tour. Either way, I don't care. I'm just tickled pink that I can watch as much cycling as my little heart wants. Time trials on Saturday morning should be awesome!

Some folks are completely imbedded in the World Cup. Which is fine, I watch that too sometimes. However, the incident where two people were killed simply because they were watching the game has left a sour taste in my mouth. Islamic militia opened fire on a crowd of teenagers in Somalia during Tuesday's Germany-Italy match. Two people died for watching a sport that is supposed to bring the world together. It breaks my heart.

Another reason is that I constantly say FIFRA instead of FIFA. Hazards of working with the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide & Rodenticide Act. Having said all that.. Go France! Err, I mean.. Go Italy! Yeah! Italy! Don't wanna jinx the French :)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?