This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Early Morning Excursions

Since my apt. shuttle isn't running it's normal schedule this week, I decided to catch an earlier (and cheaper) bus. This particular one comes at 5.30 about 0.3 miles from my place. So I headed out about 5.20 (just in case the bus was earlier & I wasn't exactly sure which stop it was - there are two in the general area). As I was walking along in the relative quiet, I pass this guy maybe trying to steal a car or steal things from it. Or he could've locked his keys in it. I'm leaning toward the stealing aspect as he was working on the passenger side of the car, on the darkest section of the street. I did my best not to look at him, just kept walking. Ain't no way I was going to say anything to him or make him think I noticed him or thought he was doing anything strange. Didn't look back or change my pace.

It looked like he had one of those long silver things that you see car thiefs using on tv shows. Although this guy wasn't nearly as adept. He also was pushing on the door. I did my civic duty and reported it to the police. Admittedly it was after I got to work and via email. Figured it was too late to call 911 about it as any thief worth his salt would've been long gone by now. I'd have called while I was waiting for the bus but my cell is low on battery and I was saving it in case *I* needed police assistance for myself. I'm selfish like that.

I called my dad while I was waiting on my second bus and the last power bar started blinking. Which is the last thing it does before it starts flashing low battery. Left him a vmail and only used the phone for a 1.01 minutes. So I have little guilt for not calling in the maybe-car-thief. I'll let yall know if the cops contact me.
Comments:
During my excursion to the bus stop this AM, a police car drove by. So maybe they got my message, maybe a car was stolen (I didn't see the silver car parked on the street) or most likely it was just coincidence.

I'll check the police blotter and see if anything was reported. Obviously I'm highly motivated to work this morning.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?