This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Atlantis

The Atlantis launch on Saturday morning (9/9/06) was gorgeous! Thankfully C-SPAN was showing the NASA channel and speaking only in brief intervals - mostly to translate the NASAspeak to us non rocket scientists & engineers. I was briefly worried about the three or four hawks I saw flying around before the launch. Carol can verify this, tho I don't know that she ever saw the birds herself. She did hear me fretting about them.

I hope I'm home and can watch the landing. Hopefully shown on NASA tv via C-SPAN. The people on CNN spend too much time yammering their fool heads off and don't let you hear what the people There - Involved, In the Middle of the Launch/Landing - are saying. That's much more interesting & informational than any "newscaster" on CNN could be.

Here's to a successful mission and a safe return. Fly on Atlantis. Fly on.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?