This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

U2 by U2

Last night U2 was part of the big pregrame extravaganza down in New Orleans at the Superdome. Now, something I just don't get (having watched the hoopla many times now) is why Green Day played all of their song, all of the Skids' song (with U2) and then played along with Beautiful Day. Only The Edge was out there during the opening (Green Day's When September Ends). Yet Billie Joe et al were out there, Playing & Singing, during Beautiful day. What's the deal?? Does anyone actually think that GD is better, more popular, than U2? Anyone not currently residing in a mental hospital, that is. Or folks that Should be in a mental facility but aren't. Yet. It's like GD were the headliners and U2 the wanna be rockstars. Please. That's like saying The Beatles should've been the opening act for New Kids On The Block.

Imagine my ire if The Edge hadn't been out there, rockin out, the whole time.

Today I had hoped to be in NYC for the U2 book signing. Sadly I wasn't one of the winners. Although there's a rumor that U2 will be on The Today Show or Good Morning America this morning. I hope it's true as I've delayed my work arrival to check it out :)

For the record, yes I did notice how The Edge's t-shirt lifted up a bit at the end when he was waving.
Comments:
FYI, the younger set believes that U2 is "old" and Green Day is still very cool. Even better than either of those bands (according to 7th & 8th graders I teach) is Panic! at the Disco.

It confuddles me, too.........
 
Umm never heard of Panic! in regards to music, anyway. Unless the feeling of butterflies and manic glee I get when pondering the thought of meeting The Edge (again) counts?

See how I managed not to call the next generation of music listeners tone deaf & stupid? ;) Then again. If they think U2 is "old" that means less future competition at concerts & meet 'n greets. Alright! Rock on (Disco on?) Middle Schoolers! ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?