This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Penalty Box

Crepes Suzette I'm tired this morning. Was up late eyeballing hockey and then The Twerp was feeling chatty & I was too ired at the results of the games to go to bed. So I was up late, yakking with the squirrelly Californian male ninja (aka The Twerp) til the wee hours of the AM. Then I couldn't fall asleep. I blame it on the refs last night during the Canes/Sabres game. They were calling every little thing - on both teams. I'd see the replay and be like, "WHAT?? They called THAT! What the heck?? The players were doing 10x worse during last season and weren't called!" At least it was overzealousness on both sides of the officiating puck. (Did I mention I'm tired?)

Basically, all three teams I wanted to win - lost. Hence the ire that kept me awake and my friends avoiding their cell phones. I'm sure they'd hear the beep and sigh and tell whomever they were with, "That's G bitching about the hockey game again."

Ah well, there's more hockey goodness tonight. Not sure I'll be awake for it tho. I may flip it on and drift off to ZZZZZ land with hockey playing in the background. Oh and there are still seats available for the Crapitals home opener this Saturday (against the Canes) if anyone is interested.
Comments:
Free seats? or Pay-as-you-can seats? "Crapitals" haha. The last and only hockey game I saw was the Flyers. It was cold. The cold beer was nice.
 
Cheapest seats still available are $22. All the $10 ones are gone. The higher price ranges are still available as well.

I adore hockey and being in the arena for a game is the best! Hearing the hits, the puck slaps, the ping as the puck ricochets off the goal post, the sound of skates on ice. Good stuff.
 
22 bucks for hockey is still a good deal. Plus, the opportunity to see Ovechkin is worth 22 bucks. He ain't no Crosby, but take what you can get.
 
I didn't make the game as I was heading over to D's place for our trip to NYC on Sunday.

And yeah, $22 is good for hockey. Ovechkin is amazing but I still think Cam Ward should've won Rookie of the Year along with his Conn Smythe trophy :) I've met Alexandar already too. Back during the draft, before his English was passable.

What's the word with your Penguins, b? Heard they were bought by a Canadian guy. Are your birds heading north next season?
 
Penguins moving north...? Bite your tongue.

Guy who's the CEO of RIM, the people who invented/stole the idea for the Blackberry is the person who signed the letter of intent to buy the Penguins.

Not a done deal yet, pending NHL approval and a resolution with the arena situation in Pittsburgh. We're currently slogging along with the oldest venue in the NHL. A new arena is way overdue.

Very complicated politics going on with the arena situation and the awarding of a slots parlor license.

Otherwise, hockey looks encouraging. The Pens shut out the hated Flyers for the home opener last Thursday (which I attended), and they stayed close in a loss to a tough Red Wings team this past Saturday. Me & my cousin bought a 20-game package.

I'd have liked to have done a full-season again this year...but I'm still paying for last year's. ;)

But, keep the faith. The Penguins belong in Pittsburgh. Hamilton, Ontario isn't where they belong...
 
A Canadian invented the Hackberry?? I had no idea.

As for me, it's been a sad hockey start so far. Ah well. At least I can catch some games this time around. There was hardly any hockey on tv here last year. I'll settle for watching the Crapitals if I have too.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?