This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lots of Hockey, Little Writing

Last night was a great night for hockey. Too bad I didn't get to see ANY of it. Stupid cable was on the fritz, not that I'd have gotten to see any games had the cable been working. Grrrr. Who the heck cares about Basketball??? Come on people! Hockey is a SPORT. Basketball is just tall men chasing a ball back and forth. If the sport doesn't require padding, involve water or ice, then it's not a sport! But I digress.

The Canes won. The Avalanche won. Heck, even the Penguins won (that was just for you, b). Sadly they beat the Kings (sorry Joelya). Big kudos to Evgeni Malkin of the Penguins for scoring a goal in every game of his first six in the NHL. First player in 89 years to do this. You know it's big news in the sports world when my sorry news station covers it in the sports recap. Despite there being a hockey team here, they just don't cover the sport. Again, I say, Grrrrr!

In other news I've written 302 words. All of that on my bus ride home yesterday. Pitifual way to start the month.
Comments:
YAY HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have XM radio? There's an all hockey station called Home Ice that I listen to on my way to and from work. The guys on there are up in Canada (go fig) but there are callers from all over North America.

I strongly recommend XM to any hockey fan :-) Home Ice rules! I'm debating about getting an out of the car unit so I can listen to games I can't watch...
 
Don't have anything that fancy. I barely have cable. Think my folks & brother have it tho. My dad even has one of those home units. Tho I doubt either of 'em has ever listened to Home Ice, unless they passed it whilst looking for a football game.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?