This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday Mayhem

Today is such a Monday. I nearly rip my finger out of its socket this morning shutting my front door. My KU class ring got hung up and didn't want to move, so my finger did. The neighbors should thank me for only mentally screaming & shouting in pain. I had to take my ring off as my finger started swelling immediately. Thankfully cans of soda work really well as ice packs.

I grab my mail from Saturday, shove it into my bag and run out to meet my ride. Due to the lack of driving skills of 99% of the people here, we get to the Pentagon later than usual and I'm on the metro platform at 6.20 with 7 minutes to kill until the next train comes through. Fine. Dandy. I'll be late to work. Again.

I get to work at 6.41, which means I'll have 19 minutes for lunch - unless I want to stay later. Yeah, right. So I unload my bag and see a letter from my health insurance in there. I opened it up and find out that my insurance coverage had been stopped on 9/30/06. The letter was dated 10/31/06. Aren't they just swell? Waiting an entire month to tell me that I was no longer covered. I check my pay stub (also came in Sat's mail) and see that my fantastic, wonderful, lovely employer is Still taking money from my paycheck to cover health insurance. Hmm. Something's not right there. I called HR and left a voicemail. Then I emailed the HR guy & one of the VPs asking, basically, what the heck is going on??

Then I banged my shin on my cpu (it's on the floor) and had to redo some work I had just finished. Err I didn't have to redo the work because I banged my shin. I had to redo it because I lost my ever loving mind and messed up.

On the bright side the Canes won and the Sabres lost! Wahooo!! Two seperate games. Neither of which I got to see. Is it Tuesday yet?
Comments:
Forgot to add that there's a Low Pressure system heading this way. Which means massive headache and pending nausea for me. Actually, headache has already put out feelers, nausea is still hiding out. I so love being a human barometer.

According to a coworker who talked to HR about the insurance stuff last week. Everyone was cut off but has been reinstated. The kicker is - HR guy doesn't have a clue why we were all dropped in the first place. Such quality people we have working at this company on our behalf.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?