This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Slam the Window

So c sent me a link to find a page where I could download U2's newest single, Window In The Skies. I excitedly went and gave a listen. Umm. Hmm. What can I say? It's not their best? It reminds me of the Joan Baez album Gone From Danger - so much going on that you can't hear the song. I'm told that a song like that is overproduced. I don't know the jargon, I'm just a humble listener. I do know that there's too Much in it. You can't hear the guitar, the bass, the drums or even the lyrics sometimes.

If they'd just strip it down. Maybe the concert version of the song would be good. I dunno. I did upload it to the fi-pod and will give a listen - at my own risk - today. I had that sing-songy melody & falsetto stuck in my head for hours last night. I woke up several times & groaned cause it was still in my head. Last couple times I woke up I had The Cure's song Trust in my head. Draw your own conclusions from that one, folks.

On another bad note, the Canes lost in 6 OT to the Devils. Stupid penalty by Commodore early on gave the Devils the lead. I don't know how he thought he'd get a way with putting his hand on the puck and covering it. The nitwit. Perhaps he should let his hair grow out now. Maybe it'll bring some common sense with it.
Comments:
I believe you already know my thoughts on the song...Gah...
 
Yeah, I know you love it as much as you love Fiona & emo....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?