This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Where's the Lemon??

After searching all over the flipping grocery store (two stores in fact!) to find lemon juice to make my lemon bars and then have them come out tasting NOT lemony is mildly irritating. Okay, Hugely frustrating. I even added More lemon juice than was called for as I adore tart foods.

I baked the crust for a shorter time than indicated, added the filling, baked it again - as per instructions. I made the icing. I had to add a Lot of lemon juice to taste the lemons over the powdered sugar. I put in the fridge to set up.

Last night I took them out, attempted to cut them & had one. They're disgusting! You can't taste the lemon At All. The icing is still runny. The crust is Burnt. Gah! So I won't be giving yall the recipe as IT needs to be destroyed & banned from all existence. Taunting me with its lemony goodness only to have disgusting, super sweet, messy, sticky ickyness.

On the bright side, today is Tuesday and the BlueJackets beat the RedWings last night.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?