This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mousecapades

I had Monday off from work & was lounging around at home in my recliner, numbing my brain with cartoons. I catch a movement to the side of the tv & glance over. There, in front of my sliding glass doors is a mouse. I sit there & blink a couple of times, thinking maybe one of the Rescue Rangers had leapt from my tv into my living room. If that were the case, then apparently technicolor only works inside the tv because my mousey was grey.

Mousey then starts scurrying along & zips behind a book case. He was back there long enough to make me think I was seeing things (re: more than 30 seconds). Then I hear rustling & look over to my couch & here comes Mousey out from under the couch & over Sunday's newspaper straight towards me. I look around me for something to toss at him so he'd veer course, I grab a book (Stephen King/Peter Straub collaboration no less) and wing it towards Mousey. He veers off & scampers in front of me, behind another bookcase & then into the kitchen. I haven't seen him since.

I called maintenance & amazingly enough, I had a guy in my apt with mousetraps in less than three hours. He set four sticky traps with little globs of my peanut butter as bait. Then he gave me instructions on how to remove Mousey when he gets caught before going upstairs to set traps in the apartment immediately above me. I so hope that They are the ones that nab Mousey. Especially since Maintenance Man set a trap Behind my oven. No way I'm moving my oven to remove Mousey & if I pull out the drawer & try to scooch him out with a broom, I'm likely to jar Mousey free of the trap. I have no desire to come home & hear squealing because Mousey's lust for peanut butter got the best of him.

And yes, a couple of my friends have taken to calling him Mickey. Which is fine, I sure hope he's not a Gadget! Or even worse, a pregnant Gadget! *shudders* I bang on drawers & cabinets before opening them now & I turn on lights before I enter a room instead of letting a hall light be enough.

On the bright side the Youngstars All Stars hockey game was on last night. Pretty funny to watch since these guys aren't used to playing as a team & not hitting when they play. Best thing for me tho was the Skills Challenge that was on after the game. Although I did get threatened with statistics - not a pretty thought. The East won both the Youngstars game (9-8) and the Skills Challenge - Way to go Sid the Kid!!!

Tonight is the All Stars game on Versus from 8-11 Eastern.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?