This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Objectivity

The Merriam-Webster online dictionary has a variety of definitions for Objectivity. The one I'm interested in defines objectivity as

expressing or dealing with facts or conditions as perceived without distortion by personal feelings, prejudices, or interpretations (objective art) (an objective history of the war) (an objective judgment)

The application of the above has no place here. Especially when dealing with hockey. If I don't see the game then I can, of course, draw wild conclusions based on the outcome. For example, Tuesday night the Canes lost to the Penguins. Obviously it's because the Canes LET the Penguins win.

See the Canes won the Stanley Cup last year and the Penguins, well, nicest thing I can say about their season last year is hahahahahahaha. Err I mean, it wasn't Stanley Cup worthy. So the Canes let the Penguins win one out of the goodness of their hearts. A New Year's gift to the Penguin fans. Yep. Gotta be it.

In other hockey news, the Sentators clobbered the Sabres last night. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! And I joined an NHL Bloggers thingamajiggy (yes, that's a technical word). Click on the spiffy link over to the right for more info.

Labels: , ,

Comments:
Dude, sorry about the loss! Check out the hockeybuzz.com story at http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=4606

Also, what are you doing next weekend? Scott & I are taking a weekend trip to DC and would love to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Send me an e-mail. And stop jumping for joy...aren't you at work? People are staring! We get in Sat. a.m. and leave Mon. p.m. We're staying @ Courtyard by the convention ctr unless you say that area is way too shady...let me know in an email :-)
 
I saw the game. Your wild conclusions are pretty much unwarranted. ;)

Last season for the Pens wasn't Stanley Cup worthy, to be sure, but I don't know if I'd crow too much about the Canes just yet this season. They're missing a lot of the pieces that helped them win that Cup, either through free agency or injury.

Cam Ward is something else, though. He had no business stopping a few of the shots that he did. Gotta give him a ton of credit.

And yeah. Totally biased hockey coverage on your blog. ;)
 
Muffin - I believe you already know my thoughts on the subject.. but in case you forgot WOOOOOHOOO!!!!!! Two Muffin's & a cat hitting the streets of DC at one time. The Mall will never be the same... ;)

b - Please. Like you're an objective source to go to when it comes to hockey.... Okay so Maybe you're more objective than I am. Possibly. but that just means I'm more passionate about it. Yeah. So there.

If you notice I wasn't crowing about This season of the Canes but last season.. Losing 4 of their last 5 is painful. If they didn't have Cam it'd be much worse than that. He's awesome. And now that Hedican is out for 3 to 4 weeks, things are going to be even rougher.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?