This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Another Confession

I have a serious problem. An addiction. I'm not sure how I got this way. It's not illegal, so no worries about me ending up in jail for it. But it's a troublesome issue nonetheless.

I've already taken the first step to helping myself. I've admitted that I have a problem. Now I'm taking another one by admitting it to everyone here. I'm addicted to buying groceries. Laugh if you want but I spent over $300 on groceries in JANUARY alone! That ranks as a serious problem. I don't have $300 to be spending on groceries on a monthly basis. Yes my freezer is full of food & not barren except for ice cubes, batteries, flour & frozen drinks.

Lately I haven't been able to go into the grocery & come out without spending at least $50. It's not like I plan to do that. I still have things on my list that I haven't bought because I was trying to keep the costs down. Vanilla extract, for example. Ground ginger. Chicken breasts. Cereal. Bread.

The last two times I've gone in, I've had to take stuff back in & get refunds because items that had sale tags didn't ring up on sale. That saved me $10.

So I have all this food at home and what did I bring for lunch today? Veggie Bites and a Boca Burger. No bun because I don't have any bread type products. Just the burger & some yummy veggie bites.

I've made a deal with Rach. I'm not allowed in a grocery store the month of February unless I clear it with her first. I'm hoping this will put me on the road to ending this crazy addiction.

Confession time is over. Tonight the Canes play the Lightning. C'mon Canes! Let's end this losing streak!!!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?