This that and the other thing. Though there might be more of this than that. And little of the other things. Maybe.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I Went Running Through The Screen Doors of Discretion

I had a couple ideas in mind for today's post. Then I met up with Kelp on the one bus to work. Got her advice & suggestions on something & then managed to talk about a lady who was walking right in front of us. Nothing bad. I was just saying that she normally rides this bus but I didn't see her today. Let me just say this. She was wearing a different coat & had a different bag.

So far, this week, I've come to work twice and both times I've had mildly embarrassing things happen. Both of which were (mostly) my fault. Okay, so maybe part of me will always blame the escalator. What can you do? Kinda makes me wonder what'll happen on Friday. Thankfully I have tomorrow off.

I get to my cube and there's a pile of balloons on my desk. No note but my gut tells me it's Kelp. Are my powers of mind reading that excellent? Do I have a stellar sixth sense? Perhaps. But the fact that I decorated her cube & have assisted her in decorating other cubes was the tip off. Super Detective am I. After I finish laughing I call her & thank her. Thanks Kelp and Dani :)

Unrelatedly, while talking to ma mere yesterday, she asked me something pretty darn funny. I had told her to read the blog to find out how my day started (annoying micro-manager was hovering & I didn't want to get into the deets). Told her it was pretty painful and she asks me, "Did you get bitten by a squirrel trying to be a good Samaritan?" I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. It's quite obvious where my knack of asking utterly random questions comes from.

Hockey
Sadly the Canes lost last night :( As did the C(r)aps. At least the Avalanche won. And before yall ask, No. I haven't checked to see who was traded where for what. Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll check on that.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?